Wednesday, 22 February 2012
Co-Workers With Benefits
I am from a generation of young professionals who often spend more time at the office/workplace than at home. As a result of this, there are a lot of single men and women who don't have the time to meet new people. Naturally, they seek their potential partners within their surrounding environment - the workplace.
You could take Grey's Anatomy for an example. Working long hours within a hospital leaving hardly any hours to socialise, the doctors become close to those around them, building relationships as friends and lovers.
One in three people has a romantic liaison with a colleague and 28 per cent of British working women say they have had sex in the workplace.
I won't lie, I have had quite a few jobs over the years and have had relationships at quite a few of them (does not mean I have slept with them all!) Take the Mayfair Hotel for example. I worked in the Spa for over a year. This hotel is quite big with lots of different departments. From housekeeping, to maintenance, to bar staff, restaurant, porters, chef's and many more. It wasn't long before I had my first encounter with a colleague. His name was Jacques. He was tall, pale skin with dark hair and captivating brown eyes. He was about 12 years older than me and from the moment we met, there was an instant attraction. I would find any excuse possible to go to his department to speak to him. Everytime we did speak, you could see the chemistry between us and how we wanted eachother. One day I was walking through back of house from the spa to the lunch room when I felt a strong hand grab my arm and another over my mouth. I was shocked at first but the moment I saw it was Jacques, I knew something was to happen. He took me into the boiler room of the hotel and we ran to the back of this hot, steamy room full of pipes. Next thing I knew, our clothes were flying off and my legs were wrapped around him. Feeling his lips on my neck made me quiver inside and this moment I had longed for was finally happening. My usual lunch break turned into one of the most gut wrenching and mind blowing orgasms that I have ever had to this day.
There was the time at GAP where I used to sneak up to the stock room to snog David. Or being at a certain office job where Adrian would get in the lift with me and stop it on purpose so he could make out with me.
I will make it clear that none of my work relationships turned into anything serious. All were a bit of fun. Well, apart from Jamie at another office job who did take me on a few dates but it didn't work out.
There are some work relationships that work and turn into something serious. Take my friend Hayley for example. She was working as an assistant to a filming director on an advert when she met Lee, a photographer who was taking pictures for the advert. They got introduced and she tells me from the moment they first started talking, she knew she wanted something to happen. They started dating and 9 months later they moved in together. A year after that they got engaged.
Unfortunately, not all stories can end up like this. There will always be the disastrous few. Take Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky for example. They had "sexual relations" whilst she was working in the White House when he was the President of the USA! After some time of their affair going on, she confided in another colleague who then started secretly taping their conversations. On the tapes were Monica explaining how Billo had shoved a cigar tube into her vagina and talked about the blue dress on which Bill jizzed on. Nice.
So, I have come up with a few do's and don'ts for sex/relationships in the workplace..
1) Consult your employee handbook if you have one. Some companies actually have policies that forbid relationships between co-workers.
2) Try and keep the sexual activities out of the workplace. Obviously if you are gaggin for the shaggin, do it discreetly.
3) Pick the co workers you want to confide in carefully. You don't want to be telling one person who then spreads it quicker than chlamydia in 16 year olds.
4) Flirt discreetly. Discretion is the key to a successful office romance. Brushing past someone or a stolen glance over the photocopier is far more enticing than draping yourself over his desk.
1) Walk out of the office toilets with your dress stuck in your knickers or jizz on your lip.
2) Send flirty emails. A lot of companies have an IT department within the company that can see ALL emails.. They will have a right laugh at you but not just that, you can get in trouble.
3) If you have a fight, don't bring it to the workplace. Leave the bitcing for at home!
4) If he is married, don't bother. He isn't going to leave his wife for you and if you still shag him whilst he is married, you become the ultimate home wrecking whore. Never a good look.
I would love to hear some stories from you guys so please share in the comment box below or email me email@example.com
Little Miss V..xx
Posted by Little Miss V at 21:36